The S2 PICOFOX, manufactured by Bruker, is the world’s first portable benchtop spectrometer for fast quantitative and semi-quantitative multi-element microanalysis of liquids, suspensions, solids and contaminations using TXRF (Total Reflection X-ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy).
The S2 PICOFOX is highly sensitive and ideal for trace element analysis, with detection limits in the ppb and ppm range. The system is particularly suited to working with very small sample quantities, liquids with high matrix content and research involving frequently changing sample types.
No cooling medium is required, so the analyser can be used not only in the laboratory but also for on-site analysis in the field.
- Simultaneous multi-element trace analysis inc. halogenides
- Analyse small sample amounts in the nanogram or microgram range
- Simple quantification using an internal standard
- Extremely flexible – analyse a wide variety of sample types
- Use in the lab or on-site in the field
- No matrix or memory effects
- Low running costs – no consumables or maintenance
- Alternative to ICP-MS – Easier sample preparation and shorter sampling time